Why can't I send money? "We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now"

mrob880
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting this error message "We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now" everytime I try to send money, I'm sending it to a friend so I am not paying for goods or services.I tried once more My account is fully verified, I have a bank account linked, even social. After logging out and back in I tried sending again and  I was forwarded to a verificatin page "we don't recognize the device that you are using" (I'm on the same computer I always log in on) and I'm asked to provide a number for call or text verification which doesn;t work either. First it told me the number I provided doesn't appear to registered to me then when I tried again it appeared like it was accepting the number but then paypal  logged me out.Never recieved the verification text or phone call.

AND NOW I'm limited, being asked to provide proof of photo ID, address, and SSN which I am not comfortable doing, although it claims I can still send money while limited ... I just can't add money but I can't. Anyone ever experience this before trying send money? Its not a high amount, only $200. I tried contacting customer service ... sat on hold for 18 minutes and then was disconnected.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Pikaboicu
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings,

I'm sorry to say but once your account has been limited, they only way to lift the limits is to follow the steps in the emails.

Paypal limits accounts for many reasons.. It's for your safety, I know that doesn't help right now...

How To Lift Limitations

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.