Where is the refund that says it is refunded already?

bleeched
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I paid for some shoes from a store called Journeys and used Paypal to check out. Paypal then withdrew the funds from my bank. The link is directly to my bank account, it is not through a credit or debit card.

Well the shoes didn't work out and I requested a refund from Journeys. On 3/13/14 apparently they sent the refund to Paypal, as on my history it is marked as complete.

If the refund is complete then why don't I see the funds back in my account at the bank that is linked to Paypal. I also don't see the funds in my Paypal account either (I checked in case they were there).

It kind of bothers me that there is no clear route to request an answer on the Paypal site itself, but anyway that is why I am trying here.

Does anyone know how I can find my money?

Thanks,

b-

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Here's a few tips concerning the refund process:

If you paid using your PayPal Account Balance or Bank Account, the refund is credited back to your PayPal Account Balance. Times can vary for many reasons, it can take from 1 day to several days depending on the funding source used by the party doing the refund.

If you paid using a credit card, the refund is credited back to that card. That process can take up to 2 weeks for the credit to appear on your card statement.

If you paid using a prepaid type card, the refund is credited back to that card however, as many cards are not reloadable, you have to contact the card issuer for assistance with getting the credit reapplied to the card.

Login to Me Too

bleeched
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info. Since the date listed on Paypal as completing the refund is 3/13 and it is now 3/25 I think it is past the normal time for the deposit to be back in my bank (which is the account Paypal is tied to).

What I can't understand is how I contact Paypal to get an answer. It won't let me file a report since the refund is listed as complete. They have really made it difficult for someone to go forward, and that is probably on purpose. Still I know there must be a way.

Bart

@snowshoe wrote:

Here's a few tips concerning the refund process:

If you paid using your PayPal Account Balance or Bank Account, the refund is credited back to your PayPal Account Balance. Times can vary for many reasons, it can take from 1 day to several days depending on the funding source used by the party doing the refund.

If you paid using a credit card, the refund is credited back to that card. That process can take up to 2 weeks for the credit to appear on your card statement.

If you paid using a prepaid type card, the refund is credited back to that card however, as many cards are not reloadable, you have to contact the card issuer for assistance with getting the credit reapplied to the card.

Login to Me Too

tiffysmomny
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem and when I spoke to them this woman from China with an attitude told me that the money that IWin returned belonged to PayPal not me. That PayPal was waiting for my bank to process a payment that they had already given to PayPa.l since, they take it out of the bank account. My bank said that PayPal had been given the money already. That the only time I had to wait for anything like that was if a paper check was given. My bank said that elelctronic transfers are fast and there should be no waiting period. The money is mine and I don't have a credit account with PayPal money gets taken out of my bank account. I was livid then they told me that the Federal Reserve was processing the money what a bunch of crap. Citibank paid the money and IWin gave it back it should be in my aount already. Federal Reserve yeah right. How stupid these people think we are.

Login to Me Too

bleeched
Contributor
Contributor

tiffysmommy,

That is just horrible and to tell you the truth, life has distracted me away from dealing with this yet but I now know what I have to look forward to.

Who knew that PayPal was going to end up being such a crappy company? I never had a problem and never expected one.

This is sad and outrageous.

Sorry you had to suffer this like me. I hope yours gets resolved soon, and thanks for the info. It helps to know I'm not the only one getting **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

tiffysmomny
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for sympathizing with me. These companies become famous and then don't care about their customers. If they don't get it they will lose a lot of people.
Login to Me Too

shella1
Contributor
Contributor

but why mark it as comleated when it has not. paypal should state in the email sent that refunds could take up to blah blah blah

or is that too much to ask. i dont feel comfortable with this.

Login to Me Too

NumbersGame
Contributor
Contributor

In finance and in the banking community, this lag time in posting the actual returned refund is often referred to as "The Five Day Float..." It's an interest skimming technique once employed by Goldman Sachs in the 70's, but made popular by the gaming industry in New Jersey and Las Vegas in latter years. It has reared its ugly head in online banking more recently, and if you believe this practice isn't being utilized on Paypal you are absolutely wrong....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.