Where did my money go?

Lance65
New Community Member

I transferred money from my business account to my personal account. Something I have done many times but this time, the money has vanished. I received no email confirming that I sent money and the money has yet appearred in my personal account. I use my personal account to transferred funds to my bank so I can pay bills which obviously I can't do because Paypal, for whatever reason has made my money disappear into the cosmos.

If there is a glitch in the system, there should be at least a warning about it. Now I have to ring people to say, sorry I can't pay you right now. This is unacceptable. Paypal can take money instantly but after that, anything goes.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

moss123456
Contributor
Contributor
I sent money to a family member about 30 minutes ago using the friends and family option. The money was taken from my account but they never received it and though the money is gone from my account it never showed the transaction. I'm positive they didn't receive it...we used the same computer and i witnessed it. We can't figure out what happened or what to do. Please help. Thanks
Login to Me Too

sharlahodges
New Community Member

My daughter sent me some money but I never received it either. Wonder if something is going on at Paypal? Have you received your money yet?

Login to Me Too

minigun2448

Check your actiivty on your PayPal page...if the payment you sent is unclaimed, then it's likely your daughter's e-mail address is not confirmed on her account.  Accounts with unconfirmed e-mail addresses won't receive money since the e-mail address is where that money is sent.  PayPal wants to make sure that e-mail address is, in fact, yours.  Best advice I can give is check your inbox for an e-mail from PayPal to confirm the address you used to set up your account.  Sometimes the e-mail ends up in your junk mail/spam folder.

If it's not there, definitely give the customer service team a call and they will be able to resolve this issue for you.

Login to Me Too

sharlahodges
New Community Member

I was suppose to receive money from my daughter this morning and I never received any. Paypal should let us know they are having a problem.

Login to Me Too

Redd64
New Community Member
Sent money got message on paypal that it was sent. Paypal deducted it from my balance but doesn't show transaction. Payment not received by party sent pmt, no email confirmation. Money just gone.
Login to Me Too

Shinehauer
Just got off the phone with customer service. 30 minutes to talk to someone, he looked through my account and basically threw his hands up in the air, I don't know why your payment didn't go through. Then in the last 30 seconds of our conversation he says, I'm going to escalate this to our tech dept., it sounds like a bug we've been experiencing for the last few hours. 45 minutes on the phone and all I needed was "YES WE KNOW WE HAVE A PROBLEM", but they couldn't come out and say it.
Login to Me Too

isondill

This is ridiculous. I wonder how many people are losing funds today that Paypal will need to refund and resolve. This is going to result in overdraft fees for my sister. We were trying to take care of business today and instead Paypal funds just went off into some unknown space. They are going to have to refund everyone who has had this issue, it is absolutely crazy to think Paypal funds are being sent and just dissapearing during the process without any update to show transactions on Paypal or for the funds to be received by the recipient.

Login to Me Too

isondill

She also tried calling and it was high call volume. I bet a lot of other people are experieicing a similar issue right now.

Login to Me Too

Shinehauer

I spent a half hour on hold to speak to someone.  He was able to confirm that requests to send money were sent.  He even gave me the email address of the intended recipient.  He said he had no idea why the transaction did not complete. ( I also never got any paypal emails)  He said that because they did not complete the funds would not come out of my account later.  He had me try sending it through a 3rd time.  (I tried twice before calling).   After refreshing his screen he could see the newest request but again no completion.  Then finally at the end confirms it's been an ongoing problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.