What will I need to withdraw big amount of money

hokthai
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

At the end of this month, I will a big amount of Payment which is about 2000$ using Paypal. Now, I don't even have a paypal account. If I create it right now, can I use it to receive my money and withdraw to my bank account? What should I do to have all the money go to my bank properly. Will I need to add my card, my bank and/or ....?

Thanks in advance,

Hokthai

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You will need to "verify" your account. 

Financial institutions such as banks, credit card issues and 3rd party transaction processors such as PayPal are required by law to verify the identity of the person behind any and all Accounts into which money is collected.  This stems from the USA Patriot Act, Title III, Anti-money laundering to prevent terrorism where as institutions put into place reasonable steps to identify beneficial owners of bank accounts and those who are authorized to use or route funds through payable-through accounts.

PayPal takes advantage of the fact that you had to prove to the bank you are who you say you are.  Therefore, by linking and confirming your bank account, the background work has already been done and PayPal has now met the legal requirements to protect themselves.

PayPal's FAQs state: To Verify your PayPal account, just link your bank account to your PayPal account or be approved for PayPal Smart Connect or the PayPal Plus MasterCard®. (Note, the PayPal Plus MasterCard was introduced in 2001.  In 2011 the name was changed to the PayPal Extras MasterCard.)

From experience, we’ve learned that in order to use PayPal without limits, it best to link and confirm a bank account (checking account) plus link and confirm a credit card (not the prepaid type) and register your SSN # .  (Note, when you link and confirm a credit card, this acts as additional proof of ID, a backup funding source and allows you to do instant transfers verses sending eChecks or in the UK eCheques.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.