What should I do in this case ?

994kaloyan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there.

I am writing because I have the following problem:

Some time ago I bought an item in Ebay. When I paid for it it turned out that the seller hasn't confirmed her

e-mail in PayPal. Now that she has done that she asked me to cancel the payment and send it over to her again.

Unfortunately when I try go cancel the payment I get the following message - "Sorry — your last action could not be completed"

So my question is what am I supposed to do in this case? Is this the way to act in this situation or should the seller make an action to claim the payment?

If not then what should I do to stop this message from appearing and cancel my payment?

Also I would like to know how long does it take for a payment to be cancelled and the money returned to my bank account?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

994kaloyan -

I'm sorry to hear about the first payment still being stuck.  If you've sent an email over, I'm sure our teams will be on it shortly.

Let us know when it's cancelled for you!

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

994kaloyan -

Welcome to the Community!

It's unfortunate you're unable to cancel the payment Smiley Sad  Try clearing your browser cache and cookies and re-attempting it.  If it still won't go through, reach out to customer service via phone or email and request that it be cancelled.  Please note, they will only be able to cancel the payment if it was sent to an unregistered email address.  If there was a cancel button next to it as you indicated, that will be the case.

Optionally, you could provide the seller the misspelled or outdated email address the payment was sent to.  If they can add and confirm that email address on their account, there won't  be a need for you to cancel the payment.

Otherwise, if you do have to cancel, the payment will  be credited back to your balance if you used a bank transfer (this takes 3-5 business days from the date of the original payment), or directly back to your card if you used a bank card.  For card based refunds, PayPal sends the funds immediately, but your card issuer may take longer to provide you the credit.

Make sure to provide your seller your email address if you do have to cancel.  That way they can send you an invoice to pay them directly.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

994kaloyan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much Adrian.

You pretty much described all the possible cases.

Me and the seller sorted the payment by her sending me a new invoice and me paying it.

Unfortunately though my first payment is still unclaimed and altough I have a cancel button next to it I can't cancel it.

It just says "Sorry, your request cannot be made at this time." everytime I try to cancel it.

I wrote an e-mail to the customer service as you adviced me but I got no answer.

What do I have to do to have my money back?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

994kaloyan -

I'm sorry to hear about the first payment still being stuck.  If you've sent an email over, I'm sure our teams will be on it shortly.

Let us know when it's cancelled for you!

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

994kaloyan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your attention Adrian !

I highly appreciate it !

I am happy to let you know that the payment is now returned. 

The money will probably be in my account in a few more days as I use debit card.

I guess it takes time from the date you made a payment to the same number of the next month for the payment to be returned to you.

Once again huge thanks for your care.

Wish you all the best. : )

Kind regards.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

99kaloyan -

It was my pleasure!  If you originally paid with a card, PayPal will send the funds back to the card immediately.  After that, it's just up to your card issuer to credit them to your statement.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.