We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now. - POSSIBLE SOLUTION

stewcentral
New Community Member

***Long story short: Make sure you're using a mobile phone number that's accepted by PayPal***

This infamous and completely ambiguous error message was very frustrating.

It appears they can be many causes of the error, and thus many solutions.

I speculate on the cause and solution of mine:

- I entered a non-Australian mobile phone number when creating an Australian PayPal account.

- Whenever I attempted to Send Money to another PayPal account, this error message would appear.

- On one such attempt, PayPal asked me to verify my identity by sending a code to my mobile phone number.

- It didn't accept the phone number as valid (as it wasn't an Australian phone number).

- After registering and using an Australian phone number, I was able to get past the verification step on continue on to Send Money successfully.

I hope this can be of use to others who are suffering from the same infuriating error message.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

RussellPulido
New Community Member
Please help me I am buying something for a minecraft server and when I put in my credit card information etc it says "we're sorry we cannot send your payment right now.
Login to Me Too

CraniumPVP
New Community Member

I know. Me too.

Login to Me Too

cjcrosby
New Community Member

Same with me, I'm trying to buy something for an MC server and it just says, "We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now"

Login to Me Too

xTwistedMelonx
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously? NO ANSWER SINCE 2014!!! FIX THIS GUYSSSSS! PEOPLE ARE DESPERATE FOR HELP HERE!

Login to Me Too

alexegg
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, using Paypal for years, balance on my account, but impossible to make a transfer to a friend and it has to be done today...

Login to Me Too

vilax
New Community Member

Same here i need to buy and i can't pls solve this 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.