Chat with our moderator team every Wednesday between 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET). Learn more in Community Events
***Long story short: Make sure you're using a mobile phone number that's accepted by PayPal***
This infamous and completely ambiguous error message was very frustrating.
It appears they can be many causes of the error, and thus many solutions.
I speculate on the cause and solution of mine:
- I entered a non-Australian mobile phone number when creating an Australian PayPal account.
- Whenever I attempted to Send Money to another PayPal account, this error message would appear.
- On one such attempt, PayPal asked me to verify my identity by sending a code to my mobile phone number.
- It didn't accept the phone number as valid (as it wasn't an Australian phone number).
- After registering and using an Australian phone number, I was able to get past the verification step on continue on to Send Money successfully.
I hope this can be of use to others who are suffering from the same infuriating error message.
Same with me, I'm trying to buy something for an MC server and it just says, "We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now"
Seriously? NO ANSWER SINCE 2014!!! FIX THIS GUYSSSSS! PEOPLE ARE DESPERATE FOR HELP HERE!
Same here, using Paypal for years, balance on my account, but impossible to make a transfer to a friend and it has to be done today...