Was I scammed? HELP.

allknowing
Contributor
Contributor

Someone supposedly sent me 115 usd. For something i sold them. This person lives in europe and told me the money was sent and sent me a screenshot, that said Payment from (my email) (completed) And I still don't have the money it was sent an hour ago supposedly. They said it may take a bit for its in a bank account. But im not entiely sure. Is there a way i can tell if im being scammed? If i was scammed i lost 500 bucks, and want to report as fast as i can.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

theguyzrock
Contributor
Contributor

You sold item for 115 and gonan be scammed 500...don't understand, but wiull answer rest.

When a person makes a payment to you your paypal account will show trasnactions instantly or within 4 hours maximum, once payment has started you will notice status as complete or pending...if pending means payment has not cleared and do not ship untill states cleared or complete.

Pending means, person is paying with a echek or bank account which does not have instant access to funds, so will take anywhere from 3-10 days for paypal to get funds from there bank and deposit into your account if they have a valid bank account.  If within those days the account is empty etc.. you will not receive funds....

I am weiry as why woudl they send you a screen shot, as you can jsut log into paypal and see tarsnaction process...

again do not ship unless states CLEARED or completed!!!

Login to Me Too

allknowing
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a 500 dollar item for 115 dollars.

So even if I don't have money in my paypal. I SHOULD have a pending awaiting money on my account instantly?

It takes 3-10 days to receive payment from a bank, And max of 4 hours i should see a payment pending?

The screenshot said, on the buyers end Payment was completle, does that mean its a scam?

Im really worried i was cheated and im going to be **bleep** off.

Login to Me Too

brewhardware
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Anyone can fake a screen shot. Yes, scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.