Very poor information here on finding the routing and account number

jkorchok
New Community Member

The level of answers in this forum is very poor. I'm trying to find my PayPal routing number and account number. Paypal's help page still refer to the old site design:

1. A. The Bancorp Bank's ABA routing number is 114924742. Your card account number is not the 16-digit number on the card. There are 3 easy ways to find out your card account number:

1. If your PayPal Prepaid Card is linked with your PayPal Account, log-in to your online Account Center. From the main menu, select, "Add/Manage Money" and then "Direct Deposit." The information required to enroll in the direct deposit service appears in the grey box on the right side of the screen.

But if you ask the question on this forum, you will be told that PayPal accounts don't have a routing  or account number, they are linked to your email address. This is worse than useless, it's misleading. Why isn't a forum admin marking these as wrong or deleting incorrect information? This is supposed to be helping people, not misleading them with misinformation.

And why would PayPal change the interface and not update ALL the help files?

So how do I find the account number now with the new interface?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It is true that PayPal accounts themselves do not have routing / account numbers like typical bank accounts would.  It sounds like you're pulling information about an add-on feature, a PayPal pre-paid card.  This is separate from the account itself and could very well have account/routing details for loading cash onto a pre-paid card.  

Where did you pull this piece of info from?  What documentation?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

riyalspecialty
Contributor
Contributor
I agree with @angelleye I would call PayPal directly and obtain the information you're seeking.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.