Using PayPal Credit with Balance or Debit Card

Mike-47
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I was wondering if it's possible to use PayPal Credit to make a single purchase that's greater than your available credit. In other words, I want to make an $800 purchase but only have a $600 line of credit, so if I add $200 to my balance would I be able to use the $200 plus the $600 in credit to equal $800 for the purchase. Also, would it be possible to use that credit limit then charge the rest to a debit card as opposed to using a balance? If so for any of this, how would I go about setting up that payment.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@Mike-47

Funding for a single PayPal payment can be split between your PayPal balance and a credit card or a debit card.  Funding cannot be split between two credit or debit cards.

If you want to fund your payment with two cards, you will need to send two payments.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Mike-47
Contributor
Contributor
So would that mean I could have a balance and change to PayPal credit and then it uses the full credit line and then the balance for a single payment?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal Credit is not a credit card and it works differently than credit card payments.

From what I understand you cannot split PayPal Credit payments.  When the option shows for PayPal Credit shows you just accpet that option, but it is still not assured.  If you qualify PayPal Credit wll increase your limit and accept the payment or the full payment will automatically go to you default payment source.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.