Urgent bank account issue

Nmiller
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I recently withdrew two separate amounts of money to a savings account I have. Well, had. Turns out, that account has been deactivated because I have not had funds in it for some time. I added my currently active checking account to my account list, but it has not been confirmed yet. What should I do? It says on Paypal that one of my withdrawals has been completed. But the account doesn't exist, at least not under my name. I urgently need this money back for living expenses. 

I tried calling my bank, and they told me there was no activity for any savings account under my name, and to call Paypal. I called Paypal customer service, and could only get an automated response system that could not handle an advanced problem such as mine. I really could use some help, I really need this money soon. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Nmiller
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, it appears this is mostly my fault. When I tried adding my checking account, it said the account number was already being used on my Paypal account. Sure enough, the last four digits of my registered bank account were a match. However, it was marked as a savings account, not a checking account like it should be. I can't remove the falsely labeled account because I still have a pending withdrawal, and then there's the matter of the over twenty dollars that apparently has been transferred. Alright, so now what?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Nmiller,

Welcome to the forums! 🙂

Once that transfer has completed or failed, you will be able to remove the bank and re-add it with the corrected information. If the bank denies the transfer, the funds will go back to your PayPal account. If the bank accepts the transfer, it's still a good idea to correct the information on your account to prevent any problems in the future.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.