Unfortunately, the funding source within your PayPal account was declined.

johnah
New Community Member

ALl wekend this has been happening...MY card is good my expire date is next year! why is my bankcard being declined? I keep getting this message "

Unfortunately, the funding source within your PayPal account was declined.
  •  
  • ."
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

dchwalek
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having this exact same problem. This has been going on for more than a week now, what the heck [kinder word than I want to use] paypal. Fix your crap, please.

Login to Me Too

StayLurkin
Contributor
Contributor

hey guys, i found a solution that worked for me, my account was not verified with my bank, i sent for it to be but never saw the transactions online so i called the customer support for my bank about money in my account and it gave me the numbers i needed to go onpaypal and verify my payapl with my bank and wala, i got to buy my item

Login to Me Too

konq
New Community Member

same problem here.. please help !

Login to Me Too

oprtr
New Community Member

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry to hear you're facing difficulty making a payment. Please take a look at this post for some insights.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Olorcain
Contributor
Contributor

Well I was concerned that I had a virus or something on my computer but now that I see so many other payment issues.  What the heck is going on with Paypal?  I was able to order and pay for one thing on Saturday then when I went to purchase something else  it told me I needed a credit card And to add one to y account.  I have never needed a card on my account before so I have some real concerns here.  Paypal how about  some answers?  

Login to Me Too

gibfrog
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem with my CC on Paypal.  I had used it for HUNDREDS of paypal transactions but now I can not.  I call my CC company (Discover) and verified that my CC is fine, no holds, no security issues & no communication problems wiht paypal.  Discover even verified that Paypal NEVER sent a funding request to them!  The Paypal Administrator, Olivia has no clue of the actual problem.  She want to blame the CC company or the User to hide the potentially nefarious actions of Paypal to maximize potential profit.  Well, if I do not purchase on ebay via paypal > less profit for paypal & ebay.

IMHO, Paypal is tired of paying CC fees and they want me to pay via my bank acount to maximize their profit. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi gibfrog and Olorcain,

Please take a look again at this post. There are indeed reasons other than declines from your card that may cause a payment to be unable to be completed. The post linked above has information regarding what can be done for each of the scenarios. If the scenario is not immediately apparent from the information presented there, a representative can help drill down to the root cause and determine a course of action for resolution.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

gibfrog
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia:

I read the post you cited and here are the potential reasons for a declined payment  - 

Security model-What can you do to ‘fix’ this? Not much beyond giving us a call ....

Identity validationnot relevant because no one here is traveling - everyone is citing issues using their regular computer.

Communication errors - How can I fix that? Please be patient while we get things corrected...

Funding source denials - What to do with this?-  Before calling anyone, I would recommend checking your PayPal account and making sure that your info is up to date  My problem is not a funding source denial but Paypal never sent to the funding request to my CC company.  Yes, all my info is up to date and about two weeks ago, all was OK and I was able to buy item via paypal. 

"The greatest hits of payment denials. Of course there will always the one-off situations that don't quite fit into one of these situations, but the moral of this post, if there is one, is to give us a call if you're having problems"

Well, I called and got an automated system that could not help me.  Olivia,  you still are not helping anyone, by pointing out unhelpful administrator posts.  Why dont you post a phone number that all of us can call to get a human being to help us resolve our payment issues instead on "peeing on our backs and calling it rain!"

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi gibfrog,

I understand the frustration with an automated phone system. There are some questions that can very easily be answered by an automated system, but some require a representative and a give and take conversation with someone who is looking at your detailed account information. If you answer the automated questions to get to the right department and then request to speak with a customer service representative, a person can help look over the specific circumstances. The phone number is the same. If you click Contact us and Call us, the correct number for your region will be displayed. If you log in, you'll even be given a temporary pin number that will whisk you through validation, too.

If you use Twitter, I also recommend reaching out to @AskPayPal for assistance.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.