Unable to send/receive funds

KDT
Contributor
Contributor
I have a long-standing verified PayPal acct. I am trying to send a payment of $300 to a friend. The friend is a new user. She says she has verified her account, and I have confirmed she is verified. Tried sending $300 through PayPal app and recdived message "We're Sorry, Payment declined. Recipient cannot receive payments." I tried sending $1 and received same msg. Tried $1 using the payment for services option. Received same msg. Thinking maybe it was a glitch in the app, I signed into my account via browser. Tried sending $1 and received msg "Sorry. This recipient can't accept payments right now." In all instances I have confirmed I am using the proper email address. What's going on?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is she in the same country as you?

Has she confirmed her email address if not then she can't receive funds?

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KDT
Contributor
Contributor
Same country. Haven't asked her specifically if she has verified her email, but she's a pretty smart gal, and her account IS verified (isn't email verification required to get to that status?).
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.