Unable to receive payment

zventures
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My account is correctly configured for business and long back I received an email from paypal stating that I can receive payments now. This account is configured for receiving payments in India.

Yesterday! someone from US was trying to make payment to my paypal via my email but failed. He stated that payment is not going through. I am failing to understand the reason for same.

Please suggest what could be the reason.

Regards,

z ventures.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Have the sender verify your PayPal email address is correct.

Are the any international restrictions for receving funds in your country?

Are the funds sent a famly/friends or goods/services/

Login to Me Too

zventures
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, we helped the sender in answering questions on his educational Forum and he is gifting us money. He will be sending us money from US. India does not have any restriction of receiving from USA.

Therefore, I am confused where is the issue.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@zventures

Does your PayPal account accept U. S. $?

Login to Me Too

zventures
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! It accepts US$.

Yesterday! I received a message from Paypal that business paypal cannot receive personal money. I do not know whether the paypal has professional support team or not.

Let's suppose if we gave services to someone and they wish to give/pay us gift/direct fund to the account, why should not paypal accept it?

Anyway, the sender has managed to pay us but it would be very difficult for us. Looks tedius. There are people/companies who pay only via paypal. And, we wish to receive funds only via business means whatsoever they are, what is wrong in that look tedius.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It makes sense that PayPal will not allow personal funds into a business acocunt as PayPal needs to report funding to the IRS.

If you want to receive personal funds easily you would need to set up a personal PayPal account. 

That way personal and business will remain separated.

Login to Me Too

zventures
Contributor
Contributor

Why I dont think that is personal because I am filling ITR of a company at regular interval. When funds get into company account, they no longer remain personal.

The sender was sending funds to my company paypal account for the services I offered him. What I wanted was to get those funds to be treated as commercial rather than personal.

Now! There is another concern that what I feel is important:
1. WE develop software applications for many clients and they directly pay via paypal? So, Paypal will treat them personal? Confusing.

2. We initiated with paypal initially for eCommerce but later on changed ourmind not to accept via creditcard on paypal. Rather we chose for direct account transfer. So, we wont be accepting payments for shopping or for selling offshore.

3. Last month, we got into Technical Training Program Recording (Video Lectures) + Books, which we will be selling on onlne platforms like udemy and others. They will transfer funds via email only. Again receiving those funds will be hectic.

On top of that, the support team is not intelligent. They just reply with Canned Messages that pre-written. The team is copying and pasting answer without getting in to history and details. Thus getting into new business platform is becoming hectic and troublesome. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Were the funds sent as goods/services or family friends?  If family/friends, then it is a personal payment.  For goods and services, it seems more appropriate to send an invoice to the person for whom you provided the service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.