Trying to use Credit, PayPal withdraws from Bank instead

jmichael
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using PayPal credit for about a year now, have made payments and everything has been fine so far. But suddenly within the last few weeks, PayPal has been ignoring my Credit charges and instead have now starting to directly withdraw from my bank account. I don't understand. Still plenty of room available on the Credit account, and I know how to make credit payments; I have the option ticked off in both my settings and during checkout.

Why is this? And why when I call PayPal I can't speak to a human? I want paypal to rescind these bank withdrawals and put them onto my Credit account.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you want specific information about your account you will need to talk to PayPal customer service.  Make sure you use the one-time passcode when you call and then do whatever it takes until you reach a real person.

Login to Me Too

jmichael
Contributor
Contributor

No, there are limited options that loop around pretty shortly. There is no, "press 5 to talk to a person". The number lets you pay and check balance, open and access dispute information. It's almost funny at how unhelpful it is.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Where did you find the number?

Did you start with the "contact" link at the bottom of the page?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

do you see on the make payment screen like choose another payment option?

It happens to me,I dont have Paypal credit but I choose to use my credit card to pay,it works welll until recently.

so now I click on option to use my credit card and it has stayed that way

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.