This recipient is currently unable to receive money.

Granny_Sue
Contributor
Contributor

I've read all the reasons why PayPal can't send money to a recipient but none of them apply in this case. The recipient is a nursing home resident who still has all her marbles. She is active online and has a valid email address. I wanted to send her some money for her birthday but I get the above message. What should I tell her to do to solve the problem?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Granny_Sue
Contributor
Contributor

I copied and pasted her email addy. Did all the other things you listed. Once she had logged in, I went back and tried it again and it worked. Guess she just had to get its attention. Thanks for your answers.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Silly question but does she have a paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Granny_Sue
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. I told her about the message and here's her reply:

"i went to paypal and the last time i had logged in was August 12, 2011.. every thing is active and verified .. there was nothing there to explain the message you got.. puzzling!"
Does an account go inactive if it's not accessed for that long?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It shouldn't do.

Are you absolutely absolutely sure that the email address you tried to send the payment to was correct and spelt correctly?

If so then if she only has a personal account it could  be that she can't accept card funded payments.

Why don't you try this go to send money > click on the personal and not purchase tab > select gift payment > then fill in the rest BUT MAKE SURE YOU FUND IT FROM FUNDS IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT OR PAYPAL BALANCE AND NOT A DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Granny_Sue
Contributor
Contributor

I copied and pasted her email addy. Did all the other things you listed. Once she had logged in, I went back and tried it again and it worked. Guess she just had to get its attention. Thanks for your answers.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Granny_Sue, and welcome to the forums!

Thank you for coming back to update the Community. I'm glad your birthday present got through! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.