The card you entered cannot be used for this payment.

Ooshi

Hello everyone,

I am making this post due to the fact that majority of the other posts that were of the same area as this are all archived and have out-dates solutions. I noticed that on other websites, many people were also suffering from the same problem as I am so I decided to open a forum post in the Paypal-Community Website.

---

"The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

---

I recently made a new paypal account with my Visa card and tried to buy a St. Croix Chocolate and have it shipped to Philippines. I currently live in South Korea and cannot be home in time to give the chocolates by hand to my Fiance so I needed to input my fiance's Philippine address. Sadly, it seems that Paypal would not let me pick what country I can ship to. I do understand that this is mainly for security's sake but really?

I have tried several solutions I have found online and in previous posts from way back to 2011 and 2012 that I found in Archives but none seem to work for me. As you can see in the screenshots below, I tried several things to try and get around this problem but none seem to have worked.

----

The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card ...

The Image above is the initial error I had received and I assumed it was due to the fact that the card was registered to my Paypal account. I then proceeded to try and pay through my paypal account instead.

----

Review Your Information / Change Address

So this image above is when I was clicking to change the shipping address to my fiance's address.

Select / Add New Shipping Address

As you can see, I clicked to add a new address but...

Change the Shipping Address

I cannot change the country to Philippines.

----

So I thought, "oh hey, maybe it's because I didn't register another address on my paypal account." So I went to check the account and tried to add a new address in a foreign country but alas, same problem in the paypal account site as shown in the image below,

Home Address Change

Then I was thinking, "Oh maybe if I try Gift address, it will work." It didn't do anything either.

Gift Address Change

----

So I am now at nothing to try next. I might have missed something but if I did, I do not know what. Every and all help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ooshi

Edit:

On a side-note, my account is not verified as I thought it would be a hassle. Just thought this might be a neccesarry point to put out before anyone started giving recommendations.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest verifying your account.

After that, as you tried to link that card a few times, you may need to contact customer support for assistance with the process.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.