Temporary Hold?

JonWood
Contributor
Contributor

I sold someone virtual currency, and soon after they paid.. the money that he sent to my PayPal went into temporary hold. It has been there for a week and I am getting very frusturated.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

temp hold or pending?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JonWood
Contributor
Contributor
It's status is held but under balance it says pending.
Login to Me Too

JonWood
Contributor
Contributor

can somebody please help? I don't know what to do because I am new to PayPal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-problem-resolution#funds_availability_policy

click on the tab my funds are on hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JonWood
Contributor
Contributor
I still don't understand. I feel scammed and there is nothing I can do about it.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well if you are a new seller you are subject to the new seller hold.

Its all in the link.

Not sure why you think its a scam.

Its to weed out poor sellers and enhance buyer protection so if you disagree with that then not a lot i can say. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JonWood
Contributor
Contributor

so when will my money be available? its already been a week..

Login to Me Too

JonWood
Contributor
Contributor

Okay.... it has my Balance. In the balance box it says $0.00 USD available. Then under that it says -$73.50 Pending.

Off to the right it says pending and under it it says Temporary Hold -$73.50 ...

Did he do a chargeback or attempt to? It has been being reviewed by PayPal for a week now.

Login to Me Too

Pikaboicu
Contributor
Contributor

I know that for Ebay new sellers have a 21 day hold or if you send an item with tracking, once the tracking updates as "delivered", the money is released.

As was posted prior this is a safety feature to make sure new sellers are on the up & up. Once you've sold $250. (I believe) or if you maintain a balance in your paypal account in the future, there wont be a hold on the funds.

It's a pain yes but a neccessary pain to protect buyers- YOU may be honest but let's face it, not everyone has good intentions. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.