Temporary Hold

Darklink64
Contributor
Contributor

So apparently my funds are being held in pending balance.

I paid for a month of IGN prime with my account, which has more than enough money in it for the payment.

Paypal has placed a temporary hold on the transaction, even though the money has already been subtracted from my balance.

How long does it take for the temporary hold to be removed?

I would like for it to not take a month, since my IGN prime account would expire by then.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kentrmoore
New Community Member

I am trying to get a hold of live person at PayPal to discuss this very thing.  I found out about the 21 day "hold" after I signed up to recieve a payment.  The payment I got was for services already rendered, not for something that shipped or any of the other excuses that they list as being the reason for delay in payment.  Had I known, i would have never agreed to let a third party hold my money for 21 days.  They call that theft/wire fraud in most jurisdictions.  I am calling the local feds to see what I can do about this unauthorized theft of my money.  It's probably buried in fine print somewhere.  Its amazing how the fine print suddenly becomes larger only after you agree to the lengthy terms and conditions.

Login to Me Too

Th3_Set
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem with an electronic item I sold via ebay. They will not remove the hold because I cannot provide shipping information. I have posted on this forum looking for resolution as well as emailling support several times. Support sends me a canned response and never replied to additional emails I sent them. No one responded to my thread on here.

Quite frankly, they don't give a crap.

Login to Me Too

0601dwayne
New Community Member

OK so I'm not the only seller being heldup without a gun. I this so that paypal can collect the interest on our money. Payment was made immediately after the sale. I shipped the item put in tracking number and paypal puts a hold on my funds. Two days later everything on ebays says my "Funds are available", but paypal still has my funds held. Come what can I do? I've got 100% feedback after 6 years buying and selling this is how you treat your customers? And what dfo I have to do to talk to a REAL PERSON?  paypal deserves some negative feedback placed upon them, can we all say BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Login to Me Too

Mars46
Contributor
Contributor

I was posting a lot in a discussion group on a subject similar to this one, about a month ago, but I don't remember the exact name. In any case, it was about various complaints re PPal's policies on sending money, which basically seem to benefit them with interest while frustrating us as we wait for our badly needed money. At the time I was in the midst of a situation that was costing me NSF withdrawals in my bank account. Someone suggested we all write to our Attorneys General; I don't know if anyone else did this, but I did, and today received some action!

I'd finally gotten my money, and nearly forgot the whole incident, when today I received a call from some higher-up at Pay Pal. From what he told me I gather Ppal was scolded by the AG; but he was calling me at a bad time, and really wanted to "explain" PPal's policies to me. I really didn't want him to, especially since he did so several times, or so it seemed to me. Anyhow, I finally got to the point of ending our conversation, when he offered for PayPal to reimburse me for my ISF bank charge. I just about fell off my chair! So, they're going to put said money into my account; I kinda wish I'd told him it was more than $34! 

I wanted to post this so people would know the upshot of the story, and also, it's not a bad idea to write to your Attorney General whenever you think you've been mistreated by a business. Apparently they sometimes do their jobs. Of course, I have the good fortune to live in a Democratic state! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.