Sorry there is a problem. Please try again later message

Owen9232
New Community Member
I am trying to pay for an item I purchased from Optics Planet but every time I try to submit payment I get a "sorry there is a problem. Please try again later" message. They accept PayPal and I am using PayPal credit and there is more then enough funds. Is there problem with the site today?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jamesw5982
New Community Member

I'm having a similar problem.  Was trying to buy something and I get rejected using my paypal credit or my bank account.  I just had to use a different vendor to buy the item so it didn't go through paypal.  Like you plenty of credit and money in my bank account.

Login to Me Too

zogmorph1

I got this message the other day when trying to send funds. And the next morning, and 20-30 more times as I went through 4 hours of troubleshooting with PayPal and Apple tech support, with no solution.

So then I tried sending to an alternate email address and it went throgh without a hitch.

Turns out "Sorry, please try again later" is PayPal's generic error message for everything, and has NOTHING to do with when you try. In my case, the recipient had changed his account info so the email address I was using was no longer linked to an account. 

PayPal, in their total absence of wisdom, apparently decided there was no need for a message telling you to check if spelling and account info was correct, instead just telling you to wait. And wait. And wait... You can wait til the cows come home and it wouldn't make a difference.

And in their further absence of wisdom, nobody at PayPal seems to know this. Their incompetence is only exceeded by their disregard for wasting customers' time.

So, in my case, "Sorry, please try again later" actually means "invalid email address / invalid account info". But since it's a GENERIC response, it really could mean pretty much ANYTHING, and thus actually means NOTHING.

Login to Me Too

zogmorph1

I got this message the other day when trying to send funds. And the next morning, and 20-30 more times as I went through 4 hours of troubleshooting with PayPal and Apple tech support, with no solution.

So then I tried sending to an alternate email address and it went throgh without a hitch.

Turns out "Sorry, please try again later" is PayPal's generic error message for everything, and has NOTHING to do with when you try. In my case, the recipient had changed his account info so the email address I was using was no longer linked to an account. 

PayPal, in their total absence of wisdom, apparently decided there was no need for a message telling you to check if spelling and account info was correct, instead just telling you to wait. And wait. And wait... You can wait til the cows come home and it wouldn't make a difference.

And in their further absence of wisdom, nobody at PayPal seems to know this. Their incompetence is only exceeded by their disregard for wasting customers' time.

So, in my case, "Sorry, please try again later" actually means "invalid email address / invalid account info". But since it's a GENERIC response, it really could mean pretty much ANYTHING, and thus actually means NOTHING.

Login to Me Too

jdosher
New Community Member

And a year later, they still haven't corrected this with a proper error message. PayPal's customer support is a journey into total incompotence and BS. I was told (in a long, rambling, nearly incoherent explanation) that I could not sent payments currently because nothing was wrong with my account and it was to ensure I could always make payments with my account. Yes, you read that right.  The person on the phone suggested I should have the recipient request payment from me (send me an invoice) and this would correct the problem with my account...which I was just told "does not have a problem". Worthless. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.