Sent payment as gift

Mollycat1
Contributor
Contributor
Purchased an item off Facebook sent payment as gift but but l left one letter out of there email address by mistake money has gone from my account I then realised something was wrong as the seller didn't get paid l checked the persons name which was correct so can there be two people with the same unusual name with the same email address bar one letter is that possible? Regards Gra
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mollycat1

Yes its possible BUT what does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account?

1. Completed.

2. Unclaimed.

3. Unclaimed with a cancel option.

And why would you purchase an item and pay using the gift option? You have negated any buyer protection by doing so and helped the seller evade paying his paypal fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mollycat1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi ta for taking time to reply it's confirmed As with most private purchases sellers won't pay the fees but l think in future l will cover the charges I have paid this way **bleep** near 100 times without problem but this time it's ended bad but its not seller's fault but mine for being an OAP l suppose just missed one letter out oo email but whoever received my money has the same name and theirs only five people in the UK with this name! Too much of a coincidence for me PayPal don't want to know Ta Gra
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mollycat1

Well private sellers or not its against paypal rules for them to be asking you to send a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.