Sent Payment to Someone that Doesn't want to Create an Account

TigersLions
Contributor
Contributor

We used PayPal to faciliate registering for a conference.  They were able to use their credit card to pay through PayPal but it did not force them to create an account.  60+ days after they paid us the money, we determined that we needed to refund them a portion of what they paid.  Since it was more than 60 days, I couldn't use the refund function which would have put it right back on their credit card.  Instead, I had to send money back to them.  I didn't realize they didn't create an account and now the money is "stuck" in limbo as unclaimed because they don't want to set up an account and link it to a bank account to get the money.  

The help person at PayPal did not tell me that they could also get the refund via check.  I searched the help and am not getting the exact answer I want to this question:  Do you have to still set up a PayPal account in order to request the check from PayPal or can you just request the check without an account?  

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.