Sending payment

Delfinov123
Contributor
Contributor
If I sent a payment to a family member but entered the wrong email how do I get my money back so I can send to the right email
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sent funds to incorrect email address.  What are my options?

If the status of the transaction is "unclaimed" and the "cancel" link is active, the sender can cancel it. This means that funds were sent to email address that is not registered with the PayPal system.

If the status of the transaction is "unclaimed" and the "cancel" link is not visible or not active, PayPal will return the funds to the sender after 30 days. This means that funds were sent to an email address that at some point in time was registered with the PayPal system. Most likely the email address is not active any more or the owner of the address has not confirmed their email address.

If the payment status is Completed, the sender needs to ask the recipient to do a refund. You’ll find the recipient's contact information on the Transaction Details page.

Here’s how to find their contact information:

Click History near the top of the page.

Click Details next to the transaction.

Locate your recipient's contact information, then contact them and ask for a refund.

Last option, if the payment status is Completed and the recipient cannot be contacted, the sender next step would be to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.