Seller with the item and my payment

JCuky213
Contributor
Contributor

The seller send the item with insufficient address, he say took it from my Paypal registered address that is the same from 2003 and with 901 transactions.  I was all the time tracking my item but at the moment I have read about insufficient address, I went to Post office but the item was sent back to seller.  The seller received my item at 10:19 am and one hour later, he sent me and email asking if I have received the item, his email was sent at 11:47 am the same day.  When I told him that he have the item, he said NO but the next day said YES.  Now is asking for $16.00 to send it back due an error from USPS because the address in the package is correct or he can refund to me the payment less the amount paid for shipping and fees paid to Ebay.  I have told that if the address was correct, USPS will send it back without charge but If the address was insufficient, he must pay the shipping due his mistake. Ebay and Paypal say that the problem is my address that was gave by PAYPAL to the seller, he said, and where I have received about 700+ items. What else can I do before open a case for fraud against the seller?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JCuky213
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia;

The payment to the seller was reversed.

Payment To Ned ******,   PayPal reversed this payment and returned the money to your PayPal account.

Aug 24, 2012 PayPal Balance Adjustment  Completed  Details $145.00 USD   

Sep 5, 2012 Reversal  Completed  Details $145.00 USD   

Sep 5, 2012 PayPal Balance Adjustment  Completed  Details -$145.00 USD  Total: $0.00 USD

Took a while but finally I have finished with this.

My sugestion to Ebay is this, when a "insufficient address" action start from USPS, just wait because the item will be returned to the sender. If the package never reach the sender's address, both address may was intentionally wrong written to proof shipping but not delivered to any address.

Thanks Olivia for your time.

Have a nice night.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Olivia

Hi JCuky213,

If it's been less than 45 days since you made your original payment, you can file a Non-receipt dispute. The seller will be expected to provide tracking showing delivery of the item.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

JCuky213
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Olivia;

That's exactly what I did.  The seller gave a tracking number that clearly say that the item was with insufficient address, wrongly, Ebay Customer Support gave my payment to the seller saying that he have gave proof that the item was delivered when USPS said the the address was not deliverable, now the item was "delivered" to the seller's address, that was at 10:19am, the same day the seller sent me and email asking If I have received the item and I told him that is impossible that due that he received 1.5 hours ago. Now he was asking for anothers $16.00 to ship it again.  The big problem Olivia is that Customer Support said that the item was delivered to me and now the seller is asking for $16.00 to "send it again" because the item was delivered to him..........That is my case.  If Customer Support say to me that they failed in that case, is OK for me to avoid do that again but not, after I have appealed the decision, that was denied.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi JCuky213,

I'm sorry to hear about the misunderstanding. It sounds like someone may be reading the results of the tracking incorrectly. If it is clear from the tracking results that the item is in the seller's hands, a representative can get that fixed for you. Due to the previous mixup, I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to call to speak with someone live and lead them to the information more directly.

If you use Twitter, you can give @AskPayPal a shot. Either way, it's a faster result than email, and a more rapid give-and-take may help get things cleared up more easily.

Please come back and let us know how it ends up working out! I'm rooting for you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

JCuky213
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Olivia;

I live in San Juan, PR and the seller live in Fort Worth, Texas where the item was delivered.

This is the last email from the seller sent to me using Ebay system.

Dear cuky787,

I got it back. The address I wrote on there is the same address you have listed on paypal.

<removed>
San Juan, PR 00907
United States
Confirmed

THAT IS THE EXACT ADDRESS I SENT IT TO. THE PACKAGE HAS STUFF WRITTEN ALL OVER IT THAT SAYS THE INSUFFICIENT ADDRESS.

I can refund you your money MINUS all the fees I was charged through eBay and Paypal or you can send me $16 to ship it out again... BUT THE ADDRESS WOULD HAVE TO BE DIFFERENT.

- bzgroup
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Olivia, Do you believe that the item was delivered to me?
Ebay customer support said "YES" and close the case against me in favor of the seller.   What I have received is that Paypal employers can do nothing against Ebays Customer Support decisions.  I think that Paypal and Ebay must work with their own Customer Support because if this do not happen, Paypal can not protect my money,  Ebay can decide over Paypal's decisions with my account.
I see that you understand better this than Ebay Customer Support.
Now the seller have the money and the item but my account is limited in Paypal.
Can you explain that?  Now I think that Paypal is not the best way to pay in Ebay.
Thanks Olivia           
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi JCuky213,

I can definitely understand where you're coming from. It definitely sounds like there was a mistake. Mistakes can happen, and a representative can straighten it out if you call or tweet to explain the situation.

Also - quick question to help ensure that you're appealing to the right group to correct the oversight... on what platform was this dispute filed? Did you open a dispute on PayPal? eBay? With your bank or credit card? That will help narrow things down.

Regarding the limitation, I'm wondering if the claim you filed was for Unauthorized rather than Non-receipt. That would cause a temporary limitation until we're sure that your account is being safely accessed by only you. It might also explain why a claim would not have been won, since upon investigation, it would be clear that the payment was made by you rather than a fraudster.

I definitely recommend calling or tweeting so that a representative can evaluate the specific circumstances with you in real-time.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

JCuky213
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Olivia;

Now you see my case.  This was 3 weeks of strees, really not for the money, I have paid thru Paypal about $5,000 for about 40 tablet touchpad, just they can see my account.  The strees was for how easy I can be in the floor receiveing punches and see that there no way for me to escape from that. That's the stress where I do not want to be again.

Yes Olivia, i have opened a "not receive item" case but Customer Support said that the proof from seller show that the item was delivered to me.  I claim againg appealing the decision but it was denied. I have called Paypal, both person were very clear with the case after checking the tracking information but they were limited in what to do.  One of the person, Cory, sent an email to the seller refunding the fees paid as a credit and telling him to make a full refund to me...nothing happen from seller.  I was telling in an email how this action from seller can be used as a fraud because an item can be send with inssuficient address, the seller proof the shipping and then, will receive the item back, now the seller ask for more money to resend the item, like my case. Nothing happenend.

Few days ago, the seller was with my $145.00 and the item delivered to him again.  Now the seller was asking for more money to resend it again but the case was closed in seller's favor due to the item was delivered to me.  WHAOO.

The other option in my hands, was cancel the payment to recover my money and when asked to my bank about that , the resalsal was the option so I did it.

Now Paypal is investigating the case but the problem was not in Paypal, it was in Ebay Customer Support.

Also, The USPS mailman told me to open a claim against the seller as a "Fraud" using Ebay and Paypal due that he keep the money and the item sold to me.  I was seen that as a big problem for small issue.

Paypal limited my acoount until I send information again about my account, I did it, they open again my account, I have paid for more tablets again but yesterday was limited again so yesterday again I have submitted the information and again the limited was cancelled.  Now, I do not know what will happen in the next days.

Now Olivia, just I want to know what will learn about this.

Take care and thanks for your time.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi JCuky213,

That's a really tough situation. 😞 I'm glad you've reached out and have someone looking into it for you. Please come back and let us know what they find.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

JCuky213
Contributor
Contributor

Yessss

I will be back with what they find to help others.

Have a nice day Olivia.

JCuky213

Login to Me Too
Solved

JCuky213
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia;

The payment to the seller was reversed.

Payment To Ned ******,   PayPal reversed this payment and returned the money to your PayPal account.

Aug 24, 2012 PayPal Balance Adjustment  Completed  Details $145.00 USD   

Sep 5, 2012 Reversal  Completed  Details $145.00 USD   

Sep 5, 2012 PayPal Balance Adjustment  Completed  Details -$145.00 USD  Total: $0.00 USD

Took a while but finally I have finished with this.

My sugestion to Ebay is this, when a "insufficient address" action start from USPS, just wait because the item will be returned to the sender. If the package never reach the sender's address, both address may was intentionally wrong written to proof shipping but not delivered to any address.

Thanks Olivia for your time.

Have a nice night.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.