Scam occurring? Limited account cannot be resolved

jonaskvale77
New Community Member

Dear Paypal, I am very frusterated.

I have sold a couple things (2?) through eBay and Paypal and have bought countless things. I while ago (a couple months, but I can't remember exactly when), Paypal emailed me and asked for proof of ID and SSN, and I immediately thought it was a scam, but because I use my Paypal often enough, I did the research and it looked legit, so I began to provide information including proof of SSN and proof of photo ID, through THEIR website. It seemed to check out, but I want to check to make sure; this isn't a scam, right?! I should have asked before I uploaded these proofs. It also wanted a utility bill copy, but I didn't have one on hand, so I didn't upload one, but now Paypal just says my account needs to be verified, and shows me a list of things I can and cannot do. It has been this way for a while, but I have ignored it, because my transactions have been going through OK. Now, however, I cannot buy with eBay through it, on my phone or laptop, because my account is limited. So I tried to get to where it needed me to upload my utility bill, but now when I go to the resolution center, I cannot find the place where it allows me to do so. I can simply see the list of things I can and cannot do, and when I click 'why?' where it says my account is limited, it just says it needs more information to be provided... but it doesn't tell me where to provide what information. So my questions are: was the SSN proof and photo ID proof a scam? And how do I remove the limitations on my account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Probably now is a good time to phone PayPal customer service for specific informaiton.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.