SETTING UP A SEND PAYMENT IN ADVANCE

GACTANGELETRAX2
Contributor
Contributor

CAN YOU TELL ME THE BEST WAY TO SET UP A SEND PAYMENT TO IN ADVANCE. FOR EXAMPLE, I AM GOING OUT OF TOWN ;BUT WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT FUNDS THAT I PROMISED TO SEND WILL BE SENT ON A CERTAIN DATE IN CASE I SHOULD FORGET TO MAKE THE PAYMENT. CAN THIS BE DONE?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Gactangletrax2 -

Welcome to the boards!

Currently, buyers cannot pre-schedule payments to sellers unless the buyer has created a subscription, billing agreement, or other preapproved payment with the merchant.  Each merchant must create the appropriate button, and you would have to log in to your account and approve the agreement.  If this is something you're interested in, let your merchant know so they can create one for you to sign off on.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

sean_in_dc
Contributor
Contributor

(First of all, it'd be nice if when I click "reply" the posting system kept the text I'm replying to somewhere, so I can refer to it WHILE I"M REPLYING, like pretty much every other forum system does!!! Just sayin'...)

But I'm *really* writing to chime in on the issue of scheduling a payment in advance. Not a recurring payment, just a one-time payment that I want to happen on a certain date. For example, I sometimes want a transfer to happen on a date for which I know it will be inconvenient or even impossible to have access to the internet on that date. I have used at least 3 different online banking systems in recent months (Bank of America, Chase, and ING), and my girlfriend has used two of these plus Citi -- and ALL four let users choose a date for a transfer to occur on.

Thanks,

Sean in DC

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@sean_in_dc wrote:

(First of all, it'd be nice if when I click "reply" the posting system kept the text I'm replying to somewhere, so I can refer to it WHILE I"M REPLYING, like pretty much every other forum system does!!! Just sayin'...)

We do - if you scroll down below the submit button,  you'll see the text of the post you hit reply on. 

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

sean_in_dc
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, yes, *there* it is -- thanks. I do think that the replied-to-text is quite a bit less visable that way, compared to other online forum systems. But it *is* there, which was my main concern/request.

Thanks again,

-Sean

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

sean_in_dc -

I can definitely see your point.  I'll look into having it moved up top if the infrastructure will allow it and discuss the change with our moderation teams.  It's this type of feedback that makes the Community better for everyone!

Thank you!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi sean_in_dc,

I agree with Adrian - that's great feedback! In the meanwhile, the workaround that I use is I right-click on Reply and open in a new window. That way I can compose side by side with the original post. It's not a perfect solution, but it works. 🙂

I hope this helps! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

PayPal_Olivia wrote:

In the meanwhile, the workaround that I use is I right-click on Reply and open in a new window. That way I can compose side by side with the original post. It's not a perfect solution, but it works. 🙂

Oh yes, I do that too!  But I like tabs versus new windows, personally.  I don't like it when the task bar gets all messy! Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Oh yes, I do that too!  But I like tabs versus new windows, personally.  I don't like it when the task bar gets all messy! Smiley Very Happy

Totally, me too. I only do New Window when I want the side-by-side comparison. It's true, a bunch of windows end up accumulating... but then I can feel like I'm actually cleaning up a mess when I periodically find all my unneeded windows and close them. It's just as gratifying as cleaning up my actual desk*, and far less work.

*Adrian knows how messy my actual desk is. 😉

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.