Returning Paper Checks *HELP!*

sdms_nyc
Contributor
Contributor

When I first requested a paper check from PayPal, it was sent to me in my name.

This time, it was sent to my business name, of which I do not have a bank account for.

The cash checking place refused to cash it, despite the proof I tried to provide.

Is there an alternative to this or is it possible for me to send the check back to my online PayPal account/re-request the check in my personal name instead of business name?

How would I go about this process and how long would it take?

Which would be the quickest process?

Desperately seeking assistance with this, thanks..!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you've upgraded to a Business account since your last check withdrawal.  When you have a Business account, all withdrawals are issued in the business name.  There are a few different ways you can go about fixing all of this.

The first and easiest may be to simply have your bank add the business name to any existing account you have. 

Understandably, this may not work for you.  Since that means you won't be able to cash the check, first start out by contacting customer service to request a check cancellation.  Also, request to be downgraded to Premier at the same time (you'll need this later).  Stop payments are usually processed within 5-7 business days and the funds are placed back in your balance.

Once that happens, it's up to you how to go about it.  Since you've downgraded to premier, you can either request the check again (it will now be issued in your name), or, you could remove your existing bank and re-add it under your personal name.  If you re-add the bank this way, transfers will be done under your personal name - but not checks - if you upgrade again later.

Thanks,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you've upgraded to a Business account since your last check withdrawal.  When you have a Business account, all withdrawals are issued in the business name.  There are a few different ways you can go about fixing all of this.

The first and easiest may be to simply have your bank add the business name to any existing account you have. 

Understandably, this may not work for you.  Since that means you won't be able to cash the check, first start out by contacting customer service to request a check cancellation.  Also, request to be downgraded to Premier at the same time (you'll need this later).  Stop payments are usually processed within 5-7 business days and the funds are placed back in your balance.

Once that happens, it's up to you how to go about it.  Since you've downgraded to premier, you can either request the check again (it will now be issued in your name), or, you could remove your existing bank and re-add it under your personal name.  If you re-add the bank this way, transfers will be done under your personal name - but not checks - if you upgrade again later.

Thanks,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

sdms_nyc
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Adrian,  this information was very helpful!

Siria

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You're welcome!  Glad to help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.