Refund to credit card through paypal....original transaction not showing?

Danap1973
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I bought an item through ebay, and never received it. I set up a case, and ebay closed it in my favor. They said they authorized a refund of the full amount. Also got a message from PayPal saying that I am receiving a refund of that same amount. My question is, I didn't use a PayPal balance, I entered a credit card # instead...still through PayPal though. And when I go back to look at the original transaction (that usually still shows, and then shows that it's been refunded), the original transaction isn't even there...it's like it never happened. How do I know that the refund will actually go back to my credit card? I can usually see the original transaction, and then any updates to it, like refunds.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danap1973

Sounds as if you paid as a guest buyer but anyway card transactions NEVER go back to your paypal balance.

They automatically go back to your card BUT paypal say allow from 7-30 days however I have never waited longer than a week for mine.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Danap1973
Contributor
Contributor

nope, not a guest buyer...I've had a paypal account for over 10 years.  it's just I entered a different card for a different option...just hoping it rerally does go back to the card.  I also don't understand why the original transaction doesn't even show on paypal?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danap1973

If you entered a card that was not linked or confirmed to your paypal account then you paid as a guest buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.