Refund problem

Logical1
New Community Member

I made two separate purchases from a seller on eBay and paid for them separately using my Paypal account. The next day the seller refunded both of these purchases and sent me an invoice requesting that I pay for both together to minimize his fees.  I did this, and everything seemed to be fine. All of these transactions, including the refunds, show up on my Paypal history.

But here's the problem. My Paypal account is linked to my bank account, and my bank statement says that all three amounts (the two separate payments AND the combined payment) have been transferred into Paypal. So I should have a balance in Paypal, but I don't. Where did that money go?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller paypal actually pay them for you and then commence the process of uploading your funds to paypal.

When you are refunded that payment was paypals, so you have to wait for your payment to clear through to paypal and then back to your bank account and that can take up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.