Refund is still pending!

vituthree
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently purchased an item on Swappa from a seller who turned out to be a scam, I requested a refund from the website and the seller - Swappa issued the refund, I got their percentage of the sale successfully back however the original refund from the seller is still "pending." It's been a day, going one two, past the estimation date that Paypal issued on the refund. I'm a bit upset. Will I actually be able to see recieve my full refund? Help.

Additional Information: The transcation was conducted via my debit card. Paypal extracted the money from my bank to finalize the purchase of the product.

Cheers,

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you paid with a debit card, the amount is refunded to your debit card. If the refund cannot be processed to your debit card, it will be applied to your PayPal balance.

Refunds to credit or debit cards can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved.

If your refund status is Pending, it could be because PayPal has not yet received the funds from the buyer's bank for the Instant Transfer, or that the seller issued an eCheck that has not yet cleared from their bank.  The time PayPal gave is an estimation, after all. Push comes to shove you can file a dispute on the transaction via your debit card issuer to investigate.  How long exactly has it been?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

vituthree
Contributor
Contributor

The purchase trascation was finalized on the 8th. I filed for the refund on the 11th. The pending date for the refund was the 16th according to Paypal.

I'm trying to be paitent but I'm a little afraid, I won't be able to recover the money.

Cheers,

Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If the seller was really a scammer he probably did what all scammers do and immediately withdrew the funds leaving his account with a zero balance.  What the pending deal has to do with is now PP is trying to recover funds for your refund so they don't have to pay out of pocket.  They probably tried a bank transfer and are waiting for that to clear (which it probably won't) and then will update your refund status.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.