Refund & Claim Question

DavidReilly
Contributor
Contributor

Could someone explain what has happened? My mum's PayPal account received two emails about a claim. The first one informing her of a claim the next, three minutes later tell her they found in favour of the buyer. I will include the important info from the second email below.

"We've completed our review of this claim and have decided in favour of the buyer. However, due to the unique circumstances of the case, we'll refund the buyer at no cost to you. Your account won't be debited."

Has PayPal paid the buyer? We phoned the guy, and he said he did not have the refund from PayPal. I refunded him. I could do with some advice. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It sounds like the buyer disputed the transaction, but you were covered by PayPal Seller Protection so even though they sided with the buyer they covered it for you.  

If you also sent a refund the person probaby got double the money back based on what you're showing here.  In which case, the only way to get your refund money back is to ask them to re-pay it, which I doubt they'll do, unfortunately.  Never hurts to ask.  

Again, though, based on that message it sounds like PayPal Seller Protection covered you.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.