Refund Held Funds?

CheesyRyu
Contributor
Contributor

Can a seller refund held funds to a buyer?

Few weeks back I bought something on ebay. I received the wrong item. Seller never responded until almost a week later when I decided to open an ebay case.

Now I returned the item and it was delivered on 6/16.

The issue is this: The seller is refusing to refund my money because "since you held up my money in paypal by reporting me i need to wait until that is resolved. when i get the money back ill send it back."

I was under the impression paypal holds the funds so that they can be refunded in situations like I am in.

The hold has nothing to do with the ebay case (?).

If I opened a PayPal case would that allow the seller to refund with the held funds? Or is he just lying and/or wrong about not being able to refund me?

Now that I think about it though, payment was sent 22 days ago so the money should not even be held anymore (I thought it was 21 days).

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As its an ebay case and not a paypal case it may be better to ask this question on the ebay boards as we don't know how ebay cases work.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As its an ebay case and not a paypal case it may be better to ask this question on the ebay boards as we don't know how ebay cases work.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.