Recieved a refund

saleha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all!

I recieved a refund and was told by the seller to ''claim my money'' what does this mean?. I did Google it and it said to click on the link in the email and press confirm?? However, there is no link in the email from Paypal? Also, will the money go into my back account as i didn't pay via Paypal i payed with my bank card?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@saleha

Was the refund made over 60 days post payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

saleha
Contributor
Contributor

No it wasn't I purchased the item on 26 Feb 2016 and was issued a refund yesterday.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@saleha

You should not need to claim a refund that is why i asked.

Sounds as if the seller has sent a payment to you rather than refunded, and also she may have made a mistake with the email address and so it is showing as unclaimed in her paypal account.

You need to get back to her and ask why she sent a payment and not refunded AND

What does it say next to the transaction in her paypal account unclaimed with or without a cancel option AND

Get her to check the email address that she sent the payment to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BarbieRocks
Contributor
Contributor

Sign into PAYPAL & see if it appears there?  It may have already gone back to original form of payment OR it could be sitting in your account.  You will see it as a figure at the top of the page.  If so, then transfer it to YOUR bank account and then you have claimed that money.  Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.