Receiving Money: Will People See My Name, Address, Etc? (Not a business, I'm an individual)

Adeno

Greetings to all! I just have a simple question. Here's the situation. I am making a video feature that people can watch for free. At the end, if they like the show, they have the option of donating money to me via paypal. There won't be a "donation button" to click because I've read some stories where other people's paypal accounts got locked up because they used the "donation button" and they're just individuals and not documented charities.

Anyway, they will see my paypal e-mail at the end of the show and the idea is to just let them type it in on their own and use the "Send Money" function in their account.

1. If they type in my paypal e-mail in the "Send Money" function and donate money, what kind of personal information will they see about me? Will they see my real name and address?

2. In the "Send Money" function, what's the difference between "I'm paying for goods or services" and "I'm sending money to family or friends"? What should my potential kind hearted viewers choose?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify 😄

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In their (the sender) Account Transaction History, they will see your real name and email address if you have a Personal or Premier Account, if you have a Business Account, they will see your business name and email address.

As the receiver, you would see the same type of info as Personal and Premier Accounts display the account owners name and email address where as Business Accounts display the business email address.

As for the difference between Goods and Services and Sending Money to Family or Friends.

If Goods and Services, you pay the fees.  Sender does not.

If Sending Money to Family or Friends.

The sender would be charged a fee if they used a credit card.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In their (the sender) Account Transaction History, they will see your real name and email address if you have a Personal or Premier Account, if you have a Business Account, they will see your business name and email address.

As the receiver, you would see the same type of info as Personal and Premier Accounts display the account owners name and email address where as Business Accounts display the business email address.

As for the difference between Goods and Services and Sending Money to Family or Friends.

If Goods and Services, you pay the fees.  Sender does not.

If Sending Money to Family or Friends.

The sender would be charged a fee if they used a credit card.

Login to Me Too

Adeno

Thanks a lot, problem solved! 😄

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.