QuestionS about chargeback and unregistered users

Tan1995
New Community Member
Hi. I recently sold an intangible item. Questions now here; The user is unregistered. Can they still file a dispute? What's the day limits? And what are the chances of them winning if they sent 3 payments in total for an intangible item they already received? Just want to know as I feel like this person may try to chargeback on me (they assured me they were using prepaid funds and prepaid funds cannot be charged back) after receiving intangible items. Anyway I can win disputes like this? Thank you.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Tan1995
New Community Member
I would like to justify that the payment was sent via PayPal only and was not a PayPal eBay transaction.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It was a virrtual item, therefore your chance of losing a dispute is very high.  You have no seller protection for intangible items.  You will have no documented (tracking number) proof of delivery.

All the buyer needs to do is file a claim for non-delivery through PayPal.

A chargeback is different as it is initiated through the buyer's credit card and then you will have a chargeback fee in addition to the forced refund when the buyer wins.

Suggest you review PayPal policies for buyer/seller protection.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.