Please help? Confused by gift payment...

rojostar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone thanks for reading 🙂

My problem is... I am not a big paypal/ebay user. But i was trying to sell some expensive jewelry on ebay and i have to make my selling limit higher so i had to change my paypal account to a business one i think...

Now i need to receive an important payment from family/friends for a plane ticket sent as a gift to my account and I'm worried about fees or it looking suspicious or something.

I have emailed paypal to ask them to change my account back to personal.... i have no response after 24 hours?

Should I tell my friends to send me the payment anyway? Help! I know little about paypal 😞

thanks! x

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming everyone is in the US,  If they use the send money feature and don't use a credit card, there are no fees.  If they use a credit card, either you or they will be charged 2.9% plus $.30 on the total amount.

Login to Me Too

rojostar
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I live in the UK. So my account being a business type doesn't matter?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Account type does not matter, location and payment funding type does.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

ANd jsut to let you know you are allowed three typs of paypal accounts

personal

premier/business

micro

For each account you will need a different e-mail account attached to them

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.