Pending payment

chrissbanbury
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have purchased some parts from eBay last night. The company stated a delivery date for the parts which was next Tuesday (14/06). I payed by paypal (Never had any issue before)  and the payment is in pending status with the following comment:

"eCheque estimated completion: 20 June 2016. We advise merchants not to dispatch items until they have received payment."

Based on this statement my part cannot be delivered on the date which has been agreed with the company only 2 weeks later.

Basically i do not understand what is happened however i would like to get my part on the agreed date.

Could you please advise how i could move on the topic.? Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chrissbanbury

An echeque is generated normally if you don't have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well OR that card is out of date and needs updating.

Or it would happen if it was a risky transaction or you have had a failed recent bank transfer or negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chrissbanbury
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Many thanks for your support on the topic. Is there any chance to speed up the process? I have already linked the backup credit card. Can i cancel the transaction? and raise a new PO?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chrissbanbury

The seller is the only one that can cancel an echeque BUT if they do cancel it then it may take a few days to go back to your funding source.

But if they do cancel it then yes you can pay again and if it was the back up card that caused it and you have added it then it should be ok.

I can't guarantee anything and can only give general advice so its up to you and the seller how you play it.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

chrissbanbury
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you very much, Excellent service!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.