Paypal is suddenly asking to add a creditcard on checkout ?

Schiksie
Contributor
Contributor

Iam using Paypal since 2007 and never seen this issue.  On 2 website ( 3dhubs and Bangood) paypall is now asking me to add a credit card ? This while i have my bankaccount linked and approved for direct debit ? 

Anyone know whats going on ?

• Please add a credit card to complete your purchase.

Funny thing is is that at my profile adding a credit card is the next step ( 60 % ) but i dont want to add a credit card.

Paying method is stated correct on my account :

Choose a funding source at checkout :

SNS Bank Savings Account <removed>

If you have a PayPal balance, we'll use it first.

Same issue as here :

/t5/My-Feedback-for-PayPal-Archive/Paypal-asking-to-add-ANOTHER-credit-card-at-checkout/m-p/427357#M...

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

Menjood
New Community Member

Same here. I see we're both from the Netherlands so maybe that's the issue. Still it would be nice to get an official statement on the matter. 

I'd also like to remind the Paypal team that credit cards are uncommon in the Netherlands, and that you will lose a LOT of clients if this is a new policy. 

Login to Me Too

Worecx
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here guys!

Also from The Netherlands...

I have tried 4 websites actually! All asking for creditcard or payment doesn't go trough.

Happened since 28th of october and still not working today.

Login to Me Too

SickQuilver
New Community Member

Also had the same problems guys!

Thursday and today!

Login to Me Too

Same issue here, also since the 28th.
From Canada though

Login to Me Too

Neliznl
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here,

From the Netherlands.

Login to Me Too

Aviz03
New Community Member

Same issue.. From the Netherlands. 

Can't make any payments atm. I actually made a PayPal account so I didn't have to use a creditcard.

Login to Me Too

Schiksie
Contributor
Contributor

I have noticed when you click on the fullscreen button( right bottom) you will get the normal login screen...but after pressing the button "confirm and pay"  you will get an error :

We couldn't process your PayPal payment

• Please retry checkout
  • You can select or add another credit card or bank account within PayPal
  • If you get this message more than once, please contact PayPal customer support for further assistance
Error code: 70047 10417

And no one at Paypal seems to care cause they dont respond to any messages you send 😞
Login to Me Too

Rutger

Same problems here. Also Netherlands....

This stuff is **bleep** me off big time. It has been happening already several days now. I do not want a creditcard (they are not common here) and it is the only reason we use paypal here. So if you want me to add a creditcard i might as well just close down my paypal account and start using a credit card instead...

The only work around i found for some direct transfer to a friend was to click at the bottom of the website to use the "classic website". That allowed me to send money the normal way. But on websites etc it is giving me problems.

Login to Me Too

koeliejoekie
New Community Member

I have the same problem. Also from the Netherlands. I do not have a credit card, nor do I want one. Bank account is confirmed, has been working for ages and all of a sudden I can't order food anymore. Guess I'll just have to starve to death, thanks PayPal..

Indeed if this does not get fixed soon I will close my PayPal account as it will be of no use to me without a credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.