Paypal is suddenly asking to add a creditcard on checkout ?

Schiksie
Contributor
Contributor

Iam using Paypal since 2007 and never seen this issue.  On 2 website ( 3dhubs and Bangood) paypall is now asking me to add a credit card ? This while i have my bankaccount linked and approved for direct debit ? 

Anyone know whats going on ?

• Please add a credit card to complete your purchase.

Funny thing is is that at my profile adding a credit card is the next step ( 60 % ) but i dont want to add a credit card.

Paying method is stated correct on my account :

Choose a funding source at checkout :

SNS Bank Savings Account <removed>

If you have a PayPal balance, we'll use it first.

Same issue as here :

/t5/My-Feedback-for-PayPal-Archive/Paypal-asking-to-add-ANOTHER-credit-card-at-checkout/m-p/427357#M...

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

chrisjason14
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue here and im in Ireland, once again emailed PayPal and of course no reply, so please PayPal shed some light on this issue please before I smash my computer off the wall
Login to Me Too

helonaut
Contributor
Contributor

Belgium reporting in...
I've been a customer for six years now and suddenly I can't place orders anymore. My bank account is in the plus with more than three zeros, so there's no reason to cut me off. Maybe some of their clients don't have enough means on their bank accounts and they (PayPal) end up with the problems? Still, this could be automated in the code with a three strike rule or something and (at least) an email notification.

Login to Me Too

Schiksie
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so it does not only apear to happen in the Netherlands.  Just tried again and the problem is still here.

Still not a single reponse from Payal support........4 messages send and 2 complaints.....

Ill try and disconect my bankaccount tonight and tha re-add it....to see if that does anything.

Login to Me Too

Neliznl
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

Called CS, confirmed this is an outage/malfunction. Paypal is working on the problem, no ETA. When I asked if they had a status page, they replied no :'). 

Ah well, waiting for fix.

Login to Me Too

helonaut
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for posting this here. A bit strange that the information has not been shared publicly and that customers need to figure this one out by themselves though...

Login to Me Too

platvis
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem over here, also from the Netherlands.  

Started friday

Login to Me Too

playbal
Contributor
Contributor

Smart move, NO PUBLICITY = NO PROBLEMS!

PayPal Goes Down Worldwide: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

http://heavy.com/tech/2015/10/paypal-is-down-back-up-working-outage-what-happened-hacked-maintenance...

Login to Me Too

Adriano33
Contributor
Contributor

Another dutchie reporting, same problem here! It's really getting annoying imho, so please fix it asap!

Login to Me Too

Valyly
New Community Member

Same here, I'm in Belgium. *sighs*

Login to Me Too

craftsgirl
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, also have this problem, so frustrating. And also from the Netherlands...

No response from Paypal whatsoever.

I'll go and inform all sellers on Ebay I cannot pay right now. Hope it doesn't cause me any negative feedback.

I've been thinking to tweet about this, don't know if that will help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.