Paypal is suddenly asking to add a creditcard on checkout ?

Schiksie
Contributor
Contributor

Iam using Paypal since 2007 and never seen this issue.  On 2 website ( 3dhubs and Bangood) paypall is now asking me to add a credit card ? This while i have my bankaccount linked and approved for direct debit ? 

Anyone know whats going on ?

• Please add a credit card to complete your purchase.

Funny thing is is that at my profile adding a credit card is the next step ( 60 % ) but i dont want to add a credit card.

Paying method is stated correct on my account :

Choose a funding source at checkout :

SNS Bank Savings Account <removed>

If you have a PayPal balance, we'll use it first.

Same issue as here :

/t5/My-Feedback-for-PayPal-Archive/Paypal-asking-to-add-ANOTHER-credit-card-at-checkout/m-p/427357#M...

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

Syzygy65
Contributor
Contributor

Likewise - the problem now appears to have been resolved for me and my ability to pay has returned.

Login to Me Too

Elifia
Contributor
Contributor

I tried buying stuff on the playstation store today. Still got the credit card problem. Later (about an hour ago) I tried again, but on my phone. I still got the problem, but after pressing "cancel" in the credit card form it suddenly just completed the transaction instead. So that worked, I guess.

I'm also from the Netherlands, btw.

Login to Me Too

newjustine
New Community Member

I'm in the Netherlands and 've had all the problems outlined above over the past two weeks - and still have them. According to my PayPal Wallet, my bank account is linked via a DD mandate to PayPal, and it's still in force. Yet I *cannot* use this to pay for anything from eBay via PayPal, and I'm railroaded into using my credit card instead. There's no option to choose the debit card that PayPal knows about. Why not?

I don't want to use my credit card! This has happened only in the past two weeks - before then, my debit card arrangement worked fine. Looking forward to seeing some resolution or official response from PayPal on here.

Login to Me Too

Paypal is asking me to associate a Credit Card to my account each time I want to make an ebay or another site payments.

I have already make purchases with my account two month ago with the same account.

My current paypal balance is zero.

I don't have Credit Card, help please

Regards.

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Lima, Peru

Login to Me Too

xbattlefieldx
Contributor
Contributor

same here i have paypal credit

Login to Me Too

Schiksie
Contributor
Contributor

I got a reply after 3 weeks....so on Twitter they said it was a problem at Paypal but in there reply they say it was for security reasons ? Great that they don't even inform there users on this ?

Login to Me Too

AyaMitome
New Community Member
Having the same issue. I've got a debit card signed into the payment method, and I also have credits. Why do I have to attach a credit card as well? If this is the new policy Paypal, your business is going to decline, for many people either don't have a credit card, or don't use them online.......
Login to Me Too

Qontai
New Community Member

Had this problem also, it was olved.

But I have the same problem again today!

Login to Me Too

aenes1519
New Community Member

After calling Paypal today, it appears that the problem is associated to their risk algorithm. Becuase the direct debit mandate takes some time to process, Paypal calculates a certain risk factor per customer to ensure due payment. When you cross your risk threshhold in outstanding payments, Paypal introduces this credit card option until your bank has made the transfer to Paypal. 

I managed to circumvent the problem by directly adding funds to my Paypal account from my Bank. 

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

freechat900
Contributor
Contributor

Same, and im from america.

I bought alot of steam games and now i cant do anything. i even closed and recreated my paypal account and its still there.

Im mad. Im gonna call them and ask them

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.