Paypal is suddenly asking to add a creditcard on checkout ?

Schiksie
Contributor
Contributor

Iam using Paypal since 2007 and never seen this issue.  On 2 website ( 3dhubs and Bangood) paypall is now asking me to add a credit card ? This while i have my bankaccount linked and approved for direct debit ? 

Anyone know whats going on ?

• Please add a credit card to complete your purchase.

Funny thing is is that at my profile adding a credit card is the next step ( 60 % ) but i dont want to add a credit card.

Paying method is stated correct on my account :

Choose a funding source at checkout :

SNS Bank Savings Account <removed>

If you have a PayPal balance, we'll use it first.

Same issue as here :

/t5/My-Feedback-for-PayPal-Archive/Paypal-asking-to-add-ANOTHER-credit-card-at-checkout/m-p/427357#M...

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

Adriano33
Contributor
Contributor

craftsgirl, maybe you could temporarily use iDeal to transfer money to your account.
Just to get some foot between the door to have some sort of way to pay those sellers.

But honestly, i think it's still a bad thing that PayPal doesn't even respond to us.
There isn't even an official statement for our specific region.

Login to Me Too

craftsgirl
Contributor
Contributor

Ja, geld overmaken met iDEAL werkte uiteindelijk! Dus deels opgelost nu. Op twitter staat een korte opmerking van Paypal NL dat er lokaal een probleem is met de koppeling van het bankrekeningnummer.

*Temporarily fixed by manually transferring money into my PP account.*

Login to Me Too

platvis
Contributor
Contributor

still the same trouble ., wanted to add funds from ideal ., this is the message i got

De website gaat 2015-11-03 vanaf 09:15 in onderhoud. Tijdens het onderhoud is het niet mogelijk om uw geld aan uw PayPal-rekening toe te voegen via deze website. Ben je reeds begonnen met het opwaarderen van je PayPal-rekening, probeer dit dan voor 09:15 af te ronden.

Login to Me Too

Schiksie
Contributor
Contributor

I finally  got a reply on twitter from PP. They say there is a problem with paypal and linked bankaccounts. Resolution time : unknown. 

Only workaround is to add money on your PP account first.

edit : strange my post was put on page 2 ?

Login to Me Too

chrisjason14
Contributor
Contributor
Mine just started working again Paypal did respond and said noting was wrong with my accoun and to just try again and its workin, ☺☺☺☺☺
Login to Me Too

C0c0
Contributor
Contributor

Strange, I have plenty of money on my Paypal and it still asks me for a creditcard when I wish to pay

Login to Me Too

Syzygy65
Contributor
Contributor

Had this problem for a few days and am also in the Netherlands. Just tried again to make a payment following on from the post above saying the situation had been resolved for someone. No luck, I'm afraid. It's still not functioning properly.

Login to Me Too

Mayumiko
New Community Member

I have the same problem as well, and I am also from the Netherlands. Not just Dutch people though, also people I know who are not from the Netherlands suddenly have this problem.

Indeed, I used to love paypal because it is virtually the only method of paying that is not forcing people to use Credit Cards... but now ... I am not going to get a credit card, this is very useless in the Netherlands.

Please fix it as soon as possible paypal, otherwise I will not be able to buy anything online anymore.

Login to Me Too

dreski
Contributor
Contributor

On the positive side. I saved a shitload of money by not buying cheap crap from ebay.Smiley Tongue

Realy need to control my buying urges. This has been a learning experience.

Login to Me Too

Schiksie
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday the problem was still here but jus ttried Ebay and it seems the problem is finaly solved 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.