Paypal is suddenly asking to add a creditcard on checkout ?

Schiksie
Contributor
Contributor

Iam using Paypal since 2007 and never seen this issue.  On 2 website ( 3dhubs and Bangood) paypall is now asking me to add a credit card ? This while i have my bankaccount linked and approved for direct debit ? 

Anyone know whats going on ?

• Please add a credit card to complete your purchase.

Funny thing is is that at my profile adding a credit card is the next step ( 60 % ) but i dont want to add a credit card.

Paying method is stated correct on my account :

Choose a funding source at checkout :

SNS Bank Savings Account <removed>

If you have a PayPal balance, we'll use it first.

Same issue as here :

/t5/My-Feedback-for-PayPal-Archive/Paypal-asking-to-add-ANOTHER-credit-card-at-checkout/m-p/427357#M...

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

Schiksie
Contributor
Contributor

strange...this was my last post en its put on page 2 ?? made a new post on page 4 🙂

Login to Me Too

Uncle_Leon
New Community Member

Same problem over here, also from the Netherlands.

Login to Me Too

C0c0
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, and a number of FB friends reported that problem too.
Currently I use a Dutch and a German account (moved to Germany last year but will be moving back to The Netherlands in 2016). The thing that worries me the absolute most is that I also have a bussiness account.

I'm afraid that this issue affects my customers and that I lose business over this. Paypal, please fix this ASAP otherwise I'm forced to move to a different payment solution!! I live off my store!!!!

Login to Me Too

LukeBanning
New Community Member

Same problem here... Can't pay my item at eBay!

Also Dutch, with Rabobank debit account.

Don't have a credit card and not going to  get one either 🙂

Login to Me Too

dreski
Contributor
Contributor

This is doing me head in. Same problem from the Netherlands. Haven't had a reply from paypal. If this continues I am going to close my account. I need the stuff that I want to buy but I can't for a few days now. Why is Paypal not responding to this are they just ignorant? I don't want a credit card thats why I use paypal. If I have a card there is no use for paypal anymore bye everyone

Login to Me Too

Schiksie
Contributor
Contributor

Seems the only way to create a real ticket is to complain about paypal service use contact  >> e-mail us >>In the message centre use : "file a complaint" and "how to make a formal complaint to paypal".  This way you will also get a conformation by e-mail about your ticket.

Login to Me Too

stoter
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing, also a Dutch bank-account. 

In Europe we've changed to IBAN, so I tried adding my bank-account with this new format (created my PayPal-account waaaay back, so my bank-stuff was still in the old format..), but the validator says my IBAN is not valid... weird. 

PayPal had some technical problems last week (Google "PayPal outage" and you'll see..), maybe this is related?

Got an automated reply when I messaged PayPal, will write them again, after I've counted to 10. This is getting frustrating..

Login to Me Too

aoedit

Surely with the drop in payment traffic coming from the Netherlands the people at PayPal must realize that something is amiss with the availability of their payment systems in NL? My bank account was linked ages ago and I don't really like it, but I have had to add my CC - I hope this issue is resolved quickly...

Login to Me Too

dreski
Contributor
Contributor

The thing that bugs me is the absolute silence by paypal. They should know about the problem now. To reach them through mail was also a hassle. I am fed up with this and think I am going to get a creditcard tomorrow so I don't have to use paypal anymore. 

Login to Me Too

Tigertae

I have the same problem and it is ***bleep*** me the FFFF off.

Also from the Netherlands btw.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.