Paypal charges?

Jeffr888
Contributor
Contributor
So im trying my best to use paypal and the paypal card reader... but im finding it difficult to understand the per transaction charges that paypal has... So i looked and saw that The Square charges a flat 2.75% per transaction when the credit card is swiped.... what does paypal charge? I looked and im actually confused with paypals terms.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's about the same; charges are very competitive and shouldn't be used to determin which app to use.

You can set up both with the swipers since they are free.  You can then evaluate the Square and PayPal apps for functionality.   I've set up both and like features of each so I can help if you want more information tomorrow. 

Reason for selecting PayPal for primary:  it was the only app which had a compatible printer for Android.  Square is stirctly for iPad compatibility when it comes to printing receipts.

If you want full merchant capabilities and lower rates try Clover Go, but you will need full credit review.  I also have that for backup.  It is a full merchant account, not an agglomerator like PayPal and Square.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.