Paypal balance remains unchanged after receiving funds

ashley50
Contributor
Contributor

Like the title says, I received payment from a friend for offering my assistance to have it shipped into my address as amazon doesn't ship to Canada.  I will be shipping to him the merchandise once It arrives.

So then he sent me the exact amount that I have paid to get it shipped to my address via paypal, I received the notification email minutes after he has sent the funds to the email linked to my paypal account.  The activity show on the "overview" page but my paypal balance still remains unchanged after 2 days.  How can this be solved? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi ashley50,

It sounds like the funds were used towards another purchase after that payment was received.  You stated it was showing in the Recent Activity on the Account Overview page.  Are there any payments sent showing up after that?

I recommend reviewing the History page as there is an option to view the recent activity along with a balance column to track how the balance changes after each payment.

After logging into PayPal, click on the "History" link in the white bar underneath all the blue tabs.  You can ignore the drop down options and just click on History.

Next click on "All activity (with balance)" right above the table of transactions.

historyfilters.PNG

Make sure to change the dates as well to include the time frame slightly before the received payment up to the present.

Then just review the activity since the payment and track the balance column on the far right. 🙂

I hope this helps. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

ashley50
Contributor
Contributor

anyone?  Mods?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi ashley50,

It sounds like the funds were used towards another purchase after that payment was received.  You stated it was showing in the Recent Activity on the Account Overview page.  Are there any payments sent showing up after that?

I recommend reviewing the History page as there is an option to view the recent activity along with a balance column to track how the balance changes after each payment.

After logging into PayPal, click on the "History" link in the white bar underneath all the blue tabs.  You can ignore the drop down options and just click on History.

Next click on "All activity (with balance)" right above the table of transactions.

historyfilters.PNG

Make sure to change the dates as well to include the time frame slightly before the received payment up to the present.

Then just review the activity since the payment and track the balance column on the far right. 🙂

I hope this helps. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

scarletgem
New Community Member
Same thing is going on with me. It wouldn't have anything to do with me changing email addresses would it? I didn't Change my eBay email address.
Login to Me Too

scarletgem
New Community Member
Funds weren't used for another purchase!
Login to Me Too

scarletgem
New Community Member
That was it....added the other email back to account, confirmed and made primary and money was there.
Login to Me Too

scarletgem
New Community Member
That was it...Added the other email back to account, confirmed and made primary and money was there.
Login to Me Too

capitalboy
New Community Member

mine is doing the same thing right now, i'm starting to question paypal....

Login to Me Too

rcrace38
New Community Member

You recieved $115.00 on 04/28/12 and delivery confirmation was 04/30/12 @ 1: pm.  Why is this not in my account??

Today is 05/17/12 - 2:54 pm. Ebay or you say when postage is purchased from ebay that mautomatic confirmation is sent to you. -- Somebody on vacation??

Weldon Jacobs --OK then do you have some way to contact me before vacatipon time is over!!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.