Paypal app and location

rio1969
Contributor
Contributor

I have a small traveling shop, as I like to say. Actually, "have shop; will travel". Anyway, I currently use paypal for the online version of my shop. When I travel, I only take cash for purchases that my customers make. Yes, I know, I'm behind on the times. But I'm considering using the paypal app for android and using the card thingy that plugs into my phone. So, here's my question(s). If my address on record with paypal is in New Jersey and I travel to California for an event, am I going to have problems with Paypal processing my customer's payments. I keep hearing that the anti-fraud techniques Paypal uses border ridiculous, causing more inconvenience than benefit. Which is why I haven't done this yet. And I have almost the same question for personal use of my paypal.  Once again, my address on record is New Jersey, will paypal freeze or limit the account, leaving me stranded, if I try moving money around, or using my Paypal debit in California. Also, I have a business account and a personal account, both have separate bank accounts connected to them. I am considering closing one of the bank accounts for accounting reasons, there's just no need for the two accounts. I'm not incorporated, I'm a sole proprietor. And the bank that I have the business account through won't stop charging me account maintenance fees unless I have like a zillion dollars in it. So, can my personal bank account be used for both my personal and business Paypal accounts?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Best to close your personal account and use your business account as that's the correct one to use for business; as you are selling, you are in business.

I think you'll be fiine using PayPal Here as you travel; that's one of the reasons for the PayPal Here.

As for fraud protection, as you state being rediculous, that is a VERY GOOD THING for sellers.  As a seller I want PayPal to catch all fraud.

For travelling, make sure you use your own registered Android devices and your regular home base checking account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.