Paypal account frozen for 5+ weeks after supposed "suspicious activity"?

Cameron_Berry
Contributor
Contributor

Over a month ago, I received an email that there was a suspicious login to my account from somewhere in Southeast Asia. I was prompted to update my password and upload some government issued ID to verify my identity. My account was to be frozen until the documents have been reviewed. Ok, I figured. Surely Paypal will review my documents and I'll be back using my account within the week. Two weeks at most. Well was I ever wrong...! Here I am nearly 6 weeks later still unable to access my account! And to make matters worse, my inquiries to Paypal support have been completely ignored. I have sent two emails both of which were never returned. I am unable to use my own account with no clear reason why and no indication of when I will again receive access. This has been an absolute nightmare as I use my account regularly to make important transactions. Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone offer some insight into how long this "verification process" usually takes and when I might again receive access to my account? Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Did you upload the documentation they were requesting into the resolution center in your PayPal account, or how did you provide the info?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Cameron_Berry
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I followed the instructions and uploaded all the documents that were requested on that day I received the email about the suspicious activity. It said I would hear from someone soon.
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

In my experience once you've uploaded the requested documentation to the site it opens back up very soon.  Are you absolutely sure you got everything uploaded correctly?

You mentioned your emails are going unanswered.  Have you tried calling?  Just give them a call, be courteous, and let them know that you've provided all the documentation but you haven't heard anything back so you would like to know the status.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.