Payment pending problem

wind_knower
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a large sum of money to someone via echeck on Jan. 25. My payment status reads "Pending Until Jan 30, 2013" and the status is "Uncleared." My account and the recipient of my payment are both verified. Will the money actually go through by the 30th? How can I send the money faster? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

An echeque is a payment made direct from your bank account but for it to go instantly you need to have a back up card on paypal as well.

This is because payments are never instant > paypal pays the seller for you so you get your item more quickly > then they start the process of uploading the funds from your bank account etc to "pay themselves" back again.

BUT paypal only do this if you have a back up card also listed on paypal to reduce the risk to them of your funding source failing.

The clearance date is a "guesstimate" but it should clear around that date.

Add a back up source to your paypal account and future payments should be instant. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wind_knower
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I added my debit card and resent the money via insant transfer. Now the status says "completed" but the money hasn't been withdrawn from my bank account yet. Did the seller receive my payment? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you actually read the second paragraph in my post above??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zero_Cool
New Community Member

I have experienced problem too.

I tried to buy something on eBay, but my transaction has not passed.

At the same time the money disappeared from my bank account.

There is no activity in my paypal history.

Login to Me Too

wwesn
Contributor
Contributor

Zero_Cool I think your issue has to do with this: https://www.x.com/content/update-2-major-impact-express-checkout-paypal-apis-virtual-terminal-and-we...

To the op: I'd keep money in your paypal account if you can. I had an echeck payment say it cleared last week and it never came out of my bank account. Paypal ended up taking it from my balance...

Also I don't think you need to have a credit card to make instant payments, as my account allows me to pay with instant bank transfers (usually takes the money out of my bank the next day or so)

Login to Me Too

Yosho
New Community Member

Now my problem seems to be the opposite. I bought an item off eBay and it said the eCheck is Pending til March 6th. March 6th came and went now it says Pending till March 19th. I have enough money in my Paypal account to cover the cost of the item,I always make sure I have enough money in my account to cover purchases. So,is Paypal trying to take money from my bank account instead of my Paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.