Payment on hold

malcs8910
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the UK and I got paid for an item and sent it to Singapore by ebay's Global Shipping Programme, so it was tracked and ebay notified me days ago that the buyer had received the item and there is no dispute. Paypal have refused to release the money to me and are using Clause 10.5 as an excuse to rip me off but that clause simply does not apply! Has anyone tested this clause through the Courts. I've tried contacting Paypal and they say that it's a pleasure doing business with me ... I bet it is, a chap half way around the world has my goods and they have my money, I'm left with nothing. It simply cannot be right for an un-appointed intermediary to withold my money withoyut any reason whatsoever. I'm fuming, it's wrong, but what choice do we have when we use ebay - stiched up and angry. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@malcs8910

New seller hold that every single seller on ebay and privately have been through.

As its for buyer protection most of us did not mind.

If it was ebay its unlikely you will have to wait 21 days.

This is what they referred to and what we agreed to when we opened a paypal account   >>>

10.5 Actions by PayPal - Holds.

a. Risk-Based Holds. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a hold on any or all of the payments you receive when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your Account, or any or all of your transactions. PayPal’s determination may be based on a number of different factors and PayPal may rely on information it receives from third parties. If PayPal places a hold on a payment, the funds will appear in your “Pending Balance” and the payment status will show as “Completed - Funds not yet available”. If PayPal places a hold on any or all of the payments you receive PayPal will provide you with notice of our actions. PayPal will release the hold on any payment after 21 Days from the date the payment was received into your Account unless you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal or PayPal has taken another action permitted under this Section 10. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may release the hold earlier under certain circumstances, for example PayPal may release the hold earlier if you have uploaded tracking information. If you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal, PayPal may continue holding the payment in your Account until the matter is resolved pursuant to this Agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

malcs8910
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I have read that and the buyer has received it without complaint, ebay have confirmed andf Paypal just hold on to it because they can. This cannot be legal, using my money and giving me no compensation and no interest - currently the guy in Singapore has my goods and Paypal has my / his money and I have nothing. It simply cannot be right!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@malcs8910

Sorry but ebay and paypal are 2 completely different companies now.

And ebay can authorise paypal to release the funds earlier if they want to but paypal cannot release them without ebay saying so as it an ebay hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

malcs8910
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, doesn't apply as ebay have advise me and the buyer and logged that the item was received via their own Global system days ago. Let's face it Paypal don't care a jot about sellers even when dodgy buyers say that they have never received it or the goods were different and send back something else.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.