Payment - Someone Please help!

zbrushman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently completed a payment on October 17th for $136.00, but at the time of payment, I only had around $134.00 in my Paypal balance, with $1.76 leftover which would be withdrawn from my bank account.

I received an email from Paypal this morning informing me that the transaction failed because of insuffcient funds.

In the email, they say they will try again in 3 business days for $136.00!!! How is this possible if $134.00 from my Paypal balance was taken to fund most of the payment, and only $1.76 should be withdrawn from my bank account?!

Is Paypal going to charge me $136.00 or $1.76 to pay the balance of my transaction from my bank account?

What happened to my Paypal balance of $134.00? Is Paypal going to charge me for the total again from my account or only $1.76?

Furthermore, the purchase I made is listed as complete by the online store whre I made the purchase.

Please clarify this.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Oh I see yes I didnt read your message properly

Its the remainding $1.76  they couldnt get as you must have had insufficient funds, yes make sure its in as there may be a charge?

WelcomeSmiley Wink

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi zbrushman

I suggest you call ppal asap because if there are no funds left in your ppal it will come from the back up source linked to your ppal account(card/bank)

Whether its a hitch/glitch or not I doubt if they will pick up any charges you could possibly incur?

When you call dont select any options just hold on until you speak to an agent

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Have you bought anything else recently as ppal will take the money from your balance first?

Login to Me Too

zbrushman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Minty, thank you for your response. It would appear that Paypal was attempting to withdraw $1.76. My bank account was updated and an attempt was made for that amount. I'll have to make sure that the funds are there by Friday. I will make that call just to get assurnces that they won't charge me $136.00. Once again, Thanks!

Login to Me Too
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Oh I see yes I didnt read your message properly

Its the remainding $1.76  they couldnt get as you must have had insufficient funds, yes make sure its in as there may be a charge?

WelcomeSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.