Payment Bug - Catch-22

Befuddled21
Contributor
Contributor

The "Wallet" has a serious bug/flaw in it.  If you have a negative balance, then it prohibits you from making any changes to it.  I have a negative balance due to the fact that due to the recent data breach a major banks, my  account was compromised and immediately shutdown.  This means that a recent PayPal transaction did not go through and was left unpaid.

I cannot make a payment if I tried, which I have.  The "Wallet" requires me to balance my account before I am permitted to make any changes to the account info.  I can neither delete nor add bank account numbers or card numbers.  It is forcing me to use the now closed accounts, whether I want to or not.  Can someone tell the web heads that they left a big crack in the floor?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Befuddled21
Contributor
Contributor

I was finally able to get this issue resolved by speaking to a human being at a phone number in an email, after a round of email tag with the automated reply system.

"Please contact PayPal Recovery Solutions at 1-877-[DELETED] to better assist you with this concern."

I'm not sure if I should be posting the phone number because it seemed like a direct line to someone.  I wasn't put on hold, and someone picked up on the second or third ring. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Befuddled21
Contributor
Contributor

Oops, I almost forgot.  I have already tried calling customer service to resolve this issue.  The computer was of no help, and I waited more than 60 frustrating minutes on hold, waiting to speak to a human being.  I'm almost ready to blow PayPal, and not pay off the  negative balance.  They have made it all but impossible to reimburse them.

I have even tried to the email approach to no avail.  I get an email response telling to me to go change my "Wallet" bank account information.  That's laughable.  I emailed them to say that I cannot modify my "Wallet" because of their negative balance rule.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Befuddled21
Contributor
Contributor

I was finally able to get this issue resolved by speaking to a human being at a phone number in an email, after a round of email tag with the automated reply system.

"Please contact PayPal Recovery Solutions at 1-877-[DELETED] to better assist you with this concern."

I'm not sure if I should be posting the phone number because it seemed like a direct line to someone.  I wasn't put on hold, and someone picked up on the second or third ring. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.